Thursday, December 5, 2013

obedience...

simple words spoken into my life this morning. raw and honest.

"when we walk in obedience, it will cost us something."

obedience defies our fleshly desires. our wants. our expectations. our initial plans. I did not sign up for comfort when i decided to surrender and follow Jesus. Nor did I did not sign up for routine or tangible stability. By placing my life in the palm of His hands, i gave up my self, everything.

As God strips me from the lies i've allowed to trap me, He speaks truth of his Goodness, his unfailing love, and his promise the will never leave me.

My obedience cost me my plans, comfort, and a relationship. To trust that God is bigger than all this that he has me exactly where I am supposed to be is just so hard right now.

My flesh wants to ignore Jesus. My flesh is fighting against me telling me that i was stupid, that walking in faith just isn't enough.

But i walk in obedience. Trusting the Lord. Making it a testimony of my faith. I will not complain because the time spent focusing on the bad could be used to be thankful and embrace the good. Right now, yes i am struggling so I will allow myself to feel and process. To wrestle. To have hard convos with God. I will keep reminding myself He is in all of this.

Obedience is not a way to prove how righteous we are...but in the midst of our brokenness to humbly submit to our Father and trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment